23 March 2015

Palmbomen II


Like Opera posters, album intros are creeping into life as a culture in themselves, somehow distinct from the performance they're referring to. My head feels like a bucket of cumin right now so I can't even begin to think of the triple entendre of meaning that streams from this - Gold Blend advert as soap between soaps etc etc - and add in every media theory from the 40s onwards but... it seems that the slow democratization of PR is now in full force. The means of (post) production are not yet in the hands of the proletariat (consider: Youtube, Vimeo, Spotify etc) but at least...

Oh I dunno. I thought this was cute and scary and it made me want to go and check out the album

There's more posted over at 20 Jazz Funk Greats

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely weird. has the same alienating air that you´d get if someone played a video tape in a scene in Todd Haynes' SAFE.

joi said...

infoya sangat menarik...
mantap...

Related Posts with Thumbnails